Two Community Liaison Officers [Part Time 10 month Contract] and [Part Time 16 month Contract]
Location: Dublin, Kildare, Longford, Laois Hybrid
About Neighbourhood Network:
Neighbourhood Network aims to promote social inclusion and integration, tackle loneliness and build supportive and resilient neighbourhoods in new and older communities across the length and breadth of Ireland. We run national campaigns, coordinate local neighbourhood projects and facilitate a nationwide network of neighbourhood leaders.
About the Role:
The role holder will provide leadership, support, and engagement opportunities for neighbourhoods as they develop their own ideas and work towards finding climate resilient food solutions within their area. This role is about facilitating participation in the project, increasing connections between neighbours, developing and co-delivering educational workshops and being a regular source of support and a catalyst for community engagement. The post holder will build networks for those who take part in in-person events and workshops, and will help to define and develop support models that will work within the context of the individual communities. This includes raising awareness of climate resilience and food security, developing activities, networks and spaces with a view to these becoming sustained locally by participants.
Responsibilities will include:
● Act as lead representative for Our Shared Plate within the designated
neighbourhoods and at events
● Plan and produce the events related to your designated neighbourhoods
● Oversight and management of neighbourhood events within the Our Shared Plate project
● Liaise regularly with communities and neighbourhood leaders
● Support the Project Manager to devise and implement the delivery plan
● Work with the Project Manager to design educational interventions and workshops
● Develop relationships with local businesses, local Garda, local community centre
● Attend neighbourhood meetings to plan and execute on community led projects
● Attend weekly meetings with Project Manager on progress and areas of support, as well as regular planning meetings with an advisory team
● Write reports or conduct surveys subsequent to each neighbourhood visit
You may download this PDF to view the full, detailed job description, as well as the benefits we offer.
Skills and Requirements:
● You’ll need access to a car and a full driving licence.
● Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written, with proficiency in building relationships with diverse groups of people
● Experienced in the use and administration of Google Workspace and in Excel
● Relevant community engagement experience
● Access to a laptop or computer
● Part time: 10 hours per week ● Pro rata Salary: €35,126
● Contract Length: 10 months or 16 months starting February 2024 this includes a 3-month probationary period.
More details about the benefits we offer are available on the job description (click here to download).
How to Apply:
Interested candidates may apply by sending a one-page letter outlining their suitability for this role along with their CV to email@example.com under the subject of “Community Liaison Officer”
Closing Date for applications is 5pm on Friday 16th of February 2024.
Neighbourhood Network is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from people of all backgrounds and identities.