350.org is looking for a Senior Grants Specialist, with exceptional bid writing and grant management skills to join our team, experienced in securing grants from international, institutional donors. Remote within the following countries: Belgium, Benin, France, Germany, Italy, Kenya, Netherlands, Poland, Senegal, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Turkey or the United Kingdom.
350.org is building a global grassroots movement to solve the climate crisis. Our online campaigns, grassroots organizing, and mass public actions are led from the bottom up by thousands of volunteer organizers in over 188 countries. 350.org works hard to organize in a new way—everywhere at once, using online tools to facilitate strategic offline action. We want to be a laboratory for the best ways to strengthen the climate movement and catalyse transformation around the world.
350.org is an equal opportunity employer. 350.org strives to be an inclusive and collaborative group of people who bring a variety of approaches to the work we do. We’re committed to the principles of justice, and we try to build a safe workplace where everyone is treated fairly and enjoys working together. We value new perspectives, ideas of all sorts, and different ways of working. Diverse perspectives and experiences improve the way 350.org carries out our work – including what we decide to work on and how creatively/effectively we do that. We do our best to make staff positions accessible to all potential team members, regardless of race, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, assigned gender, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or identity, religion or creed, veteran status, marital or parental status, and genetic information. We also strive to include team members in communities most impacted by climate change or impacted by other kinds of environmental, social, and economic injustice.
This year, we launched our new strategic direction, focusing on driving the just and equitable transition to 100% renewable energy. Our experienced fundraisers are based in the UK, Spain and the US. We have two Institutional Foundations Managers - one in the UK, and one in the US, who both manage a large portfolio of donors, and report directly to the Director of Global Fundraising. This year, we want to expand the large grants portfolio, and secure multi-year partnerships from a range of high value institutional donors in Europe, Africa, Asia and USA. This role is 100% remote.
About this role
We are looking for a Senior Grants Specialist, with exceptional bid writing and grant management skills to join our team, experienced in securing grants from international, institutional donors. This work will be highly collaborative, working with all 350.org regional teams to gather information required to produce high quality, engaging grant reports and renewal proposals for 50+ grants in our portfolio.
With success in cultivating new relationships, as well as managing existing donors, you will also be a self-starter with excellent written and verbal communication skills. You will have a proven track record of generating income through high quality funding proposals, and excellent account management. This will include cultivation skills; and the ability to quickly form relationships with internal and external partners as a representative of the organisation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and take ownership of several live grants in the portfolio, liaising with programme delivery teams to gather information to write comprehensive, detailed reports, work with the finance team to finalise grant expenditure reports and submit renewal funding proposals.
- Draft clear and compelling fundraising material including cases for support, funding proposals and concept notes, etc. to secure multi-year, $100k+ restricted and core grants.
- Maintain a clear overview of reporting across the whole portfolio, including financial reporting for each grant.
- Liaise closely with delivery teams, and the Institutional Foundations Manager, to ensure funded delivery is on-track to meet the grant terms and conditions.
- Input and maintain all records in Salesforce for the 350.org grant portfolio
- Research and identify new donor prospects which match 350.org’s mission, goals and values, with minimum grant sizes of $100k/year.
- The postholder may be required to undertake any other duties that fall within the nature of the role and responsibilities of the post as detailed above.
- Occasional out-of-work hours may be required (350.org is a global organisation, with programme teams located on each continent).
- Trusts/Foundations experience with international organisations, securing income and managing grants from large international grant-giving foundations.
- Experience working in the climate, environment or social justice space.
- Highly energetic professional with a proven track record and talent for building relationships, securing five-figure gifts and managing a grant portfolio.
- Strong research and analytical skills to identify prospective donors and develop successful cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship engagement strategies
- Ability to work independently, be self-motivated, work effectively with remote teams
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communications skills
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRM databases used for fundraising purposes
We are looking for someone who is comfortable working both independently and in teams, highly responsive, and able to lead initiatives as well as take direction from others.
Location: Remote within the following countries: Belgium, Benin, France, Germany, Italy, Kenya, Netherlands, Poland, Senegal, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Turkey or the United Kingdom.
Time commitment: Part-time (350.org offers a 32-hour working week - this is 88.89% of our full-time working hours).
Salary: Tier 2.2 - click here to view the global annual salaries (applied pro rata):
Let us know if there’s any reasonable adjustments you’d like us to make in any or all of the stages of the hiring process in view of a disability or health issue.