The Mater Hospital Foundation exists, with one specific goal – to improve patient care in the Mater Hospital. Our supporters help us achieve this by investing in state-of-the-art equipment that makes diagnosis and treatment more efficient and effective, enhancing facilities to create a comfortable and caring environment, and financing research that ensures the Mater is leading the way in medical innovation.
Being embedded in the hospital highlights our cause, allowing us the honour of seeing first-hand the impact of our work. This is privilege we never take for granted.
Reporting to the Marketing and Communications Manager, this role is a key role within the fundraising function and will be responsible for leading out on the organisation’s existing campaigns and events, whilst developing and implementing new and innovative fundraising campaigns and events in collaboration with the Marketing and Communications Manager.
The successful candidate will also work closely with the National Campaigns Executive, the Marketing and Communications Officer and the wider fundraising and operations teams to ensure all campaign messaging and marketing collateral is unified and on brand.
The Campaigns and Events Lead will:
- Project Manage a calendar of existing campaigns and lead out on the strategic development of new initiatives
- Project manage and lead out on all existing Mater Foundation in person events.
- Research, scope and develop new innovative campaigns and events for inclusion in the fundraising calendar.
- Develop and monitor detailed campaign, event and project schedules and work plans
- Determine and define project, event or campaign KPI’s and objectives.
- Manage and track KPI’s and objectives and be willing to adapt strategy if needed.
- Work closely with the Marketing and Communications Manager to devise annual budgets and resources plans.
- Track campaign and event income and expenditure to ensure it remains in line with budgets set.
- Provide campaign and event updates on a consistent basis to Marketing and Communications Manager and SLT regarding strategy, adjustments, and progress.
- Relationship management with all campaign and event third party vendors and suppliers – agencies, print and fulfilment houses etc
- Work with the National Campaigns Executive to ensure adequate supplies of campaign materials, packs, t-shirts etc are sourced and delivered in a timely fashion.
- Work closely with the Marketing and Communications Officer to ensure all content and messaging is on brand and optimised to reach campaign and event recruitment projections.
- Complete an in-depth post campaign analysis of all campaigns and events in order to learn, grow and improve all systems, processes and ROI.
- Liaise with National Campaigns Executive and Marketing and Communications Officer to develop creative content that will engage, recruit and retain supporters.
- Build meaningful relationships with current supporters, patients, families and the Mater Foundation’s wider network of stakeholders in order to report on impact.
- Ensure CRM is updated in line with best practice and all supporter details are captured accurately and with adequate consents.
- Work closely with CRM Manager to develop supporter journeys and content workflows for key campaign and event audiences.
- Work closely with the Donor Care and Operations Team to ensure excellent supporter care is in place to achieve optimum supporter retention.
Essential Experience & Qualifications:
- A recognised third level qualification in a relevant field.
- 3+ years track record of success in similar role within a fundraising environment preferably.
Essential Skills, knowledge and abilities:
- Strong project management and planning skills.
- Outstanding written and oral communications skills, with an ability to communicate to different target audiences.
- Good working knowledge of digital marketing and online campaign marketing experience.
- Working knowledge of analytics and metrics and ability to leverage insights.
- Familiarity with SEO best practices and their importance in content creation.
- Good understanding of the charity sector and the codes of best practice in fundraising and governance.
- Experience developing impactful content for marketing campaigns.
- Excellent analytical and commercial skills to identify and target new opportunities.
- Strong IT skills including MS Office; CRM management (Raisers Edge experience an advantage); website & social media management.
· A confident personality, with a can-do attitude.
· Self-motivated, approachable, innovative, and enthusiastic.
· Strong relationship management and interpersonal skills and the ability to work well within a team.
· Must be a self-starter with high levels of drive and resilience.
· Must have a flexible approach and a commitment to solution-based working.
· Excellent networking skills.
· Demonstrates a commitment to continuous improvement.
· Flexible approach to working – on occasion there may be a need to work outside of your core hours.
· Excited to work in a fast-paced creative environment with a commitment to the work of the Mater Foundation.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Full-time - 35 hours per week
Hybrid Working Policy (remote working as agreed with line manager)
23 days annual leave & 4 gifted days (2 at Christmas, 1 for Good Friday and 1 Wellness Day)
Access to Employee Assistance Programme
Bike to work scheme
Training and Development opportunities
Closing date for applications: 30th January 2024. Only those selected for interview will be contacted.