Balmer Dawson Executive Search is delighted to announce an exciting new opportunity with Cork Simon Community for a suitably qualified Senior Corporate Partnerships Officer. This is a brand new, four-day week role within their evolving fundraising team. This role will focus on corporate partnership development and would suit someone with a passion for relationship building and a drive to achieve results that will create immense positive impact on the lives of vulnerable adults through the provision of much needed homeless and housing services.
Hybrid offering: One day @ the office, three days remote working
Office location: 4 Lapp's Quay, Cork, T12 KT61.
Region: Cork, Kerry, Waterford, Carlow, Kilkenny, Wexford and South Tipperary
Do you enjoy the thrill of creating partnerships?
Cork Simon Community is looking for an enthusiastic networker and relationship builder, who is passionate about finding new opportunities to develop corporate partnerships. Reporting to the Head of Partnerships, you will identify and deliver new strategic corporate partnerships in the region for Cork Simon Community and South East Simon Community and you will work to increase fundraising and engagement with existing supporters.
What might attract you to this role?
· The Cork Simon Community brand is well-known and well-established, and the organisation is very highly respected for the incredible work that they do for vulnerable men and women locally.
· You will have the opportunity to become the third person to work within an already successful fundraising partnerships team and an opportunity to work and collaborate with some fantastic talent.
· You will be presented with a portfolio of warm corporate leads, all of whom give annually.
· There is a good structure provided for this role with priorities, objectives and key metrics in place.
· You will be given the opportunity to research and identify brand new business opportunities for corporate partnerships locally.
Your role will include:
· Leading on the development and implementation of the corporate fundraising programmes.
· Designing, developing and implementing activity plans to deliver on agreed annual and ongoing targets, objectives and priorities.
· Leading on prospect and programme research.
· Increasing engagement opportunities with existing corporate supporters to strengthen relationships and leverage fundraising opportunities.
· Researching, identifying, cultivating, securing, and managing an agreed portfolio of new corporate supporters.
· Developing a suite of case for support materials to support the partnerships team.
· Building and shaping networks of influence to support development work.
· Designing and implementing tailored stewardship programmes to optimise donor support.
· Presenting a professional image to external agencies and stakeholders.
· Collaborate with the Campaigns and Communications team to develop media programmes, monitor outcomes and recommend changes for future.
· Delivering impactful and professional pitches on the work of the organisation.
· Representing Cork Simon and South East Simon at cheque presentations, events etc., as required.
· Providing regular, relevant reports on fundraising activities to the Head of Partnerships.
· Achieving annual financial targets within budget and timeframes.
· Project managing corporate direct mail campaigns and all corporate fundraising programmes.
· Ensuring partners, volunteers and committees receive adequate and appropriate support as required.
· Ensuring every supporter feels valued as a member of the Cork Simon Community by developing a clear thank you process including phone calls, emails and letters in line with giving levels.
· Maintaining excellent pipeline management to include records of approaches, responses and networks of relevance on the organisation’s database.
· Working as an integral part of the Cork Simon Fundraising and Partnerships team in addition to participating in, and contributing to, team meetings.
· Where appropriate, liaising with Simon Communities of Ireland and other local Communities on approaches for support with a national focus.
· Where required, developing relationships with services/departments within South East and Cork Simon to develop an accurate, effective and appropriate fundraising message and to develop fundraising packages/opportunities for support.
· Identifying opportunities for and ensuring the effective and appropriate use of South East and Cork Simon Community volunteers in partnership fundraising initiatives.
· Actively participating in the supervision process, adhere to fundraising department policies and procedures and to Cork Simon Community policies and procedures.
· Participating in training as required.
· Carrying out any other duties as required by Head of Partnerships as consistent with the responsibilities of the job.
Note: The above role profile is subject to change.
The successful Candidate will be required to represent Cork Simon at events and functions and to travel to off-site locations to carry out the functions of the post during and outside normal office hours as required.
Key skills and experience:
· Third level qualification in business, marketing, communications or other area of relevance.
· Minimum 2 years corporate fundraising experience and experience of working towards and achieving set targets.
· Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills with a proven track record of building relationships and partnerships at senior stakeholder level.
· Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
· Compelling presentation and public speaking skills.
· Strong organisational and time management skills.
· Creative problem-solving skills with the ability to negotiate and influence effectively.
· A high level of attention to detail and the ability to perform well under pressure without compromising on quality or accuracy.
· Experience in project management and event management.
· Ability to work on own initiative and drive to achieve impactful results.
· A self-starter with a high level of integrity and confidentiality and a commitment to social justice.
· Flexible to work outside office hours as and when required.
· Team-oriented with a natural ability to prioritise tasks, manage time and take responsibility for own workload.
· Knowledge of the use of Salesforce, Raisers Edge or similar CRM database experience desirable.
· Budgetary management, costing and forecasting experience desirable.
· An understanding of corporate business structures.
· An understanding of and support for the values and ethos of Cork Simon Community.
· Access to own transport and a full, clean driving licence.
Salary on offer:
€42,000 - €45,000 DOE (Depending on Experience)
Benefits on offer:
· 4-Day working week
· Hybrid working - 3 days remote working and 1 day from the office
· 28-hour week over 4 full days – 9am to 5pm
· Employee pension – 5% employer contribution
· Annual leave – 25 days
· Paid Maternity Leave
· Time off in lieu system in place
· Excellent training opportunities
· Wellbeing supports
- To apply, please submit your CV and Cover Letter (maximum one page), in Microsoft Word format, outlining how your motivation, experience and skills fit this role profile. Please make your application for the attention of BOTH Gilly Balmer and Zena Dawson at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org