Why work at Barnardos?
At Barnardos we seek to ensure that we have the best people working with us to support our work with children and families. The benefits of working with Barnardos are designed to promote continual professional development and a work-life balance for the most rewarding working experience.
- Barnardos offers a competitive salary – recognising the experience you bring to the role
- Generous annual leave entitlements plus discretionary Company days
- Positive working environment with family friendly ethos and work – life balance policy
- Tax saver and bike to work schemes in operation
- Employee pension scheme with employer contribution
- Paid sick leave
- An opportunity to help improve outcomes for vulnerable children and families by working in a trauma informed way
- Access to regular trauma informed support and supervision
- Ongoing support and access to training and professional development opportunities
- An opportunity to be part of a supportive team
- Access to the Employee Assistance Program for employees and their immediate family members
- Regular Breath, Body and mind sessions to support staff well-being
Post: Telefundraiser, Donor Marketing
Location: Barnardos Head Office, 4 Christchurch Square, Dublin 8 /Hybrid
Responsible to: Telemarketing Executive, – Head of Donor Marketing
Works with: Internal and external stakeholders including Telemarketing, wider Fundraising Team, Barnardos staff and supporters, members of the public.
Barnardos is Ireland’s leading children’s charity. The charity has been providing life-changing supports to vulnerable children and their families in Ireland for over 60 years.
Barnardos’ supporters are so important in helping the charity carry out this work, and in return, we want to make sure that those supporters get the best experience when they choose to support our work.
Reporting to the Telemarketing Executive, and as part of the Donor Marketing team, the Donor Marketing Telefundraiser will be responsible for donor marketing calls, both inbound and outbound.
You will be required to deliver a set level of results on campaigns (as agreed and set with your line manager) such as upgrade calls, retention and reactivation calls, tax-back campaign calls, thank you calls, event recruitment, and other campaigns as they arise.
Core Job Requirements
- To make a minimum number of calls each day, as agreed with line manager
- To deliver phone dialogues in an engaging, friendly manner, which will contain key elements from scripts.
- To support with writing scripts for upcoming campaigns
- To achieve weekly targets for call campaigns
- To receive calls from donors and event participants, and respond accordingly.
- To ensure timely and accurate responses to donor queries or outbound campaigns.
- To fulfil any donor care requirements which arise as a result of donor communication.
- To ensure accurate recording of information on the donor database.
- To participate in, and apply any training or coaching provided
- To represent Barnardos in a professional manner at all times; this will include speaking to members of the public in accordance with your training, to speak with them in a polite manner, being courteous at all times while carrying out all functions of your role.
- To deliver weekly reports on calls made, conversions achieved, targets met etc.
- To carry out other administration duties as required.
- Escalate issues or complaints to your line manager in a timely manner
Requirements of all Barnardos staff
- Commitment to the purpose of Barnardos and to work within the values, policies and procedures of the organisation and in the context of current legislation and regulations
- To participate in regular supervision with your line manager
- To actively participate in team and staff meetings and service reviews/ evaluations and to contribute to the development of policy and practice with your area of work and within Barnardos as a whole
- To report any area of concern to your line manager in a timely manner
- To show reasonable flexibility in relation to hours of attendance to meet the needs of the work. Work during unsocial hours may be required.
- Have a flexible approach to the work in response to organisational change, development and review of best practice.
- Participate in and engage with a performance management programme.
- Identify training needs with your line manager and participate in training opportunities appropriate to the role
- To be vigilant to any Health, Safety and Welfare risks in the workplace and bring any concerns to the attention of your line manager or local Health & Safety Officer.
- To be vigilant to any concerns regarding the protection and welfare of children and to bring them to the attention of the Barnardos Designated Person in a timely manner, in keeping with the Barnardos Child Protection policies.
- To participate in the efficient flow of information within the organisation by sharing and seeking information as appropriate
- To undertake other duties as may be requested by the line manager from time to time
- To undertake your work in a manner that is friendly, flexible and informal.
Note: this Job Description will be reviewed and updated in line with the needs of the team and of the organisation.
- Professional manner, with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Self-motivated to a high degree.
- Willing to adopt a flexible approach to work and working hours, including willingness to undertake evening and weekend work
- Ability to communicate complex topics in an accessible and engaging manner, aimed at different audiences.
- Being able to maintain a calm demeanour during difficult calls and being able to flag when support is needed
- Ability to speak and write fluent English.
- Good team player as well as capable of working on own initiative
- Ability to establish positive working relationships with colleagues.
- Minimum of 1 year telemarketing experience is essential, with involvement in both inbound and outbound calling (cold calling)
- 2 years’ customer services/donor care experience required (which can include the above experience)
- Previous exposure to a Fundraising environment would be desirable but not essential
- Comfortable using Microsoft Office; with a particular focus on Excel and Word
- Experience using a Customer Relationship Management database and data entry is desirable
- Knowledge of telemarketing software would be an advantage
Barnardos is an equal opportunity employer.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
For full job description and to apply please visit Current Job Vacancies – Barnardos
Closing date: 12pm on 04th December 2023
Interview date: Week commencing 11th December 2023
Shortlisting will apply (please note, CVs are not accepted on their own, candidates must complete and submit our application form through Barnardos website).