Content & Practice Development Project Worker, Dublin
Location: Barnardos Parental Advocacy and Information Service
Contract: Part time (18 hours) and Fixed term contract to December 2026
Salary: €16,003 - €24,737 Depending on Experience (This is the pro rata salary for 18hours)
Why work at Barnardos?
At Barnardos we seek to ensure that we have the best people working with us to support our work with children and families. The benefits of working with Barnardos are designed to promote continual professional development and a work-life balance for the most rewarding working experience.
· Barnardos offers a competitive salary – recognising the experience you bring to the role
· Generous annual leave entitlements
· Positive working environment with family friendly ethos and work - life balance policy
· Tax saver travel and bike to work schemes in operation
· Employee Pension scheme with employer contribution
· Training and Development
· Health and Wellbeing initiatives including Employee Assistance programme
Parental Advocacy and Information Service
A national advocacy and information service for parents of children in care of the state is being piloted to run up to 2027 with robust evaluation built in to the pilot process.
The purpose of the Content Developer roleis to provide information support and communications for parents of children in care. The aim of the content developer is to produce accessible, user-friendly information in a variety of formats to ensure the information is available to a broad range of parents. The key to the success of this is ensuring that parents will know and understand processes, and what may occur, in order to enable them to navigate the systems effectively. The content developer will also assist in developing the website. The content developer will work with the practice team in developing the content.
Barnardos is seeking an enthusiastic Content and Practice Development Project Worker within the Parental advocacy & Information service to develop resources and publications for parents of children in care using various formats including digital and online.
- An enthusiastic person with an outgoing, friendly manner and a positive, can do attitude
- A team player willing to work collaboratively and on their own initiative
- Strong planning skills with attention to detail, high accuracy and solution focus
- A person who shows initiative, flexibility, and an ability to adapt to changing requirements
- Excellent written, verbal, communication and presentation skills
- An effective negotiator, skilled diplomat and a team player.
- Ability to work under pressure, manage competing priorities and maintain a professional approach.
- Highly creative, commercially minded with marketing sensibilities.
- Ability to advise, mentor and train and provide plain English non-jargon explanations
- Minimum of twoyears’ experience in developing content in written and digital forms is required.
- Experience in writing information, sharing documents/leaflets and social media platforms
- Experience in project management with the ability to work on multiple projects and meet deadlines and secure results.
- Proficient using the Adobe Creative suite specifically InDesign and Canva pro account
- Familiar with website Content Management Systems and Google Analytics for reporting
- Experience with online advertising, including social media, SEO optimisation, Facebook and Google Ads (desirable but not essential)
A full driving licence and use of a suitably insured vehicle is required.
- Leaving certificate or equivalent
- Relevant third level qualification desirable but not essential; in multimedia or digital content development is desirable or relevant experience gained either in the corporate or voluntary sector
Barnardos is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
For full job description and to apply please visit Current Job Vacancies – Barnardos
Closing date: 12 noon on 28th November 2023
Interview date: To be confirmed
Shortlisting will apply (please note, CVs are not accepted on their own, candidates must complete and submit our application form through Barnardos website).