Responsible For: Administration for Neighbourhood Network and Assistance to the CEO
Reporting to: CEO, Neighbourhood Network
Location: Dublin or Wicklow office, Hybrid
About the Role:
The Administrator & CEO Assistant is a key role in the organisation and demands good communication skills; an interest in the work of Street Feast CLG; and a flexibility that facilitates a pleasant working atmosphere. Technical proficiency is a prerequisite.
The successful candidate will be familiar with all aspects of Google Workspace, as it is the software used by the staff and Administrator & CEO Assistant must also be familiar.
The Administrator will work closely with the CEO and is the person upon whose expertise, support and efficiency the functions of the organisation depend.
About Neighbourhood Network:
Neighbourhood Network (legal entity: Street Feast CLG) is an Irish not-for-profit originally established as Street Feast in 2010.
In 2020 we expanded our mission, developed a range of new projects and activity programmes, and adopted a new name for the organisation - Neighbourhood Network.
Neighbourhood Network aims to promote social inclusion and integration, tackle loneliness and build supportive and resilient neighbourhoods in new and older communities across the length and breadth of Ireland. We run national campaigns, coordinate local neighbourhood projects and facilitate a nationwide network of neighbourhood leaders.
Our team currently consists of a CEO and Project Manager and four part-time staff, including another Project Manager and three Community Liaisons. We have a voluntary board of eight trustees.
Neighbourhood Network is currently in the process of registering as an Irish Charity.
Support the CEO
- Provide day-to-day support to the CEO
- Write, edit, format and proofread funding applications, sponsorship proposals, reports and emails
- Arrange and participate in meetings, conferences, and project team activities, and the taking of minutes.
- Assist the CEO in reporting to the board
- Respond to enquiries and complaints from the public.
- Support marketing initiatives, e.g. through the maintenance of contact databases, preparation of emailing lists etc.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of administrative processes in Neighbourhood Network
- Maintain the company’s filing system in Google Workspace
- Provide administrative support to the Neighbourhood Network team
- Schedule and implement organisation’s staff meetings, events and off sites
- Review and update company policies and ensure they are observed.
- Assistance in staff recruiting and onboarding, including training and induction
- Promote staff development and training
- Support CEO in maintaining budgets
- Support the bookkeeper
- Staff timesheets and recording staff leave
Further commitments to this position with Neighbourhood Network require that the Administrator will;
- Work in good faith and in the interests of the organisation as a whole.
- Carry out his/her functions with due care, skill and diligence
Person Specification - What You Bring to The Role:
- A minimum of 3 years relevant administrative experience is essential.
- Will have worked with or supported a CEO (or similar) previously
- A recognised qualification in administration
Skills & Attributes
- Is highly organised, accurate and fastidious with their attention to detail
- Demonstrates ability to meet deadlines, handle multiple tasks simultaneously and to prioritise their work
- Proficient in the use and administration of Google Workspace
- Trained and experienced to intermediate level in Excel and preferably Google Sheets.
- Permission to work in The Republic of Ireland.
- Educated to Leaving Certificate standard or equivalent.
- Have excellent interpersonal, written and spoken communication skills.
- Part-time: 20 hours per week. Hours are flexible to an extent.
- Work Days: Monday - Friday
- Salary: €18.40 per hour / €33,500 pro-rata
- Contract Length: The position is for a one-year contract, subject to funding, that includes a 6-month probationary period.
Terms and conditions of employment:
- Annual Leave: Annual leave at Neighbourhood Network is 20 days in addition to the standard 10 public holidays.
- TOIL: We operate a time off in lieu (TOIL) system, where staff can work pre-approved additional hours and receive compensatory time off in lieu.
- Training & Development: Continuous professional development, training & further education courses, study & exam leave and professional membership fees are paid for at Neighbourhood Network’s discretion where relevant.
- Travel & Subsistence: Travel and subsistence expenses will be paid similar to public sector rates.
How to apply
Interested candidates may apply by sending a one-page letter outlining their suitability for this role along with their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org under the subject of “Administrator”
Closing Date for applications is 5pm on Friday 10th November 2023.
Neighbourhood Network is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from people of all backgrounds and identities.