Responsible For: Overseeing and managing Neighbourhood Network’s marketing and communications
Reporting to: CEO, Neighbourhood Network
Location: Dublin, Hybrid
About the Role
The Marketing & Communications Officer supports Neighbourhood Network’s campaigns and communications in line with the organisation’s Strategic Plan. They are responsible for developing campaign plans, key messages, content creation and dissemination, as well as media and press work for specific Neighbourhood Network campaigns.
Reporting to the CEO, the Officer will play a key role in shaping, leading and representing the Neighbourhood Network in its next phase of development.
They will take particular responsibility for:
- The development and delivery of a communications, marketing and engagement strategy which supports our mission, enables growth, and enhances our presence and influence in Ireland
- Leading proactive and reactive marketing & communications
- Ensuring we have a systematic, successful and and sustained approach to stakeholder engagement
- Delivering national campaigns which embody our values and showcase our work
About Neighbourhood Network
Neighbourhood Network (legal entity: Street Feast CLG) is an Irish not-for-profit originally established as Street Feast in 2010.
In 2020 we expanded our mission, developed a range of new projects and activity programmes, and adopted a new name for the organisation - Neighbourhood Network.
Neighbourhood Network aims to promote social inclusion and integration, tackle loneliness and build supportive and resilient neighbourhoods in new and older communities across the length and breadth of Ireland. We run national campaigns, coordinate local neighbourhood projects and facilitate a nationwide network of neighbourhood leaders.
Our team currently consists of a CEO and Project Manager and four part-time staff, including another Project Manager and three Community Liaisons. We have a voluntary board of eight trustees.
Neighbourhood Network is currently in the process of registering as an Irish Charity.
Reporting to the CEO, the Marketing & Communications Officer will have the following key areas of responsibility and will be expected to undertake other responsibilities as requested, which correspond with the role.
Responsibilities will include;
- Update & lead the implementation of the communications, marketing and engagement strategy, taking personal responsibility for delivering key aspects of it - including website development, social media, e-communications, marketing and media
- Coordinate the Communications Working Group
- Support network development & membership engagement as part of campaigns
- Build National Awareness by talking about and representing NN to inspire people to help their community
- Build Brand awareness of NN and ensure Brand management of NN
- Act as a spokesperson for Neighbourhood Network when necessary
- Ensure stories about the projects are captured and shared
- Ensure projects are promoted and that you support project managers to recruit participants and communicate their project.
- Produce high quality content, publications and materials, including presentations, reports and other documents
- Maintain a consistent identity and high standards of graphic design and editorial copy for all materials produced for Neighbourhood Network
- Source content from our network and produce content with contractors. Plan for and manage videos/live videos
- Draft and publish our annual report, drawing input from across the team, board, network and partnerships as needed
- Provide communications project reports/assessment at the end of each project
- Work with Community Liaison officers to curate and support the local community campaigns
- Provide communications support for Neighbourhood Network events
- Ensure our online community is developed and nurtured
- Develop the Neighbourhood Network website so that it serves our needs as an organisation, helping those viewing it for the first time understand what we offer, and supporting our existing partners to get best use of the resources on offer
- Maintain the project websites
- Manage Organic & Paid social media - A social media assistant will be in place for projects and campaigns
- Write fortnightly e-newsletter
- Answer tagged posts, inbound queries and DM queries
- Undertake such duties as may reasonably be assigned from time to time by the CEO
- Participate in NN team meetings and regular communications working group meetings
- Produce a monthly report for the CEO, and report to the Neighbourhood Network Board as required.
- Attend weekly 1hr Monday meeting, 15 min Wednesday & Friday stand-up meetings and monthly review & planning meetings
- Fundraising & Admin support - Support CEO with funding applications and pipeline development
Skills & Experience Required
- Must be fluent English speaker
- A relevant third level degree or equivalent third level qualification
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in a similar role
- Proven ability to plan and deliver campaigns, achieving desired targets and reporting on impact
- Proven ability to write and edit highly engaging copy for different audiences across online communications, with demonstrable skills in being clear and concise.
- Excellent IT skills, including using Content Management Systems, email marketing systems, social media tools and website
- Strong commitment to community development and inclusion
- Ability to work independently, in a fast pace environment and within competing deadlines
- Experience of managing relationships with different stakeholders, working as part of a team and using collaborative and partnership approaches
- Ability to work unsocial hours on rare occasions, particularly at weekends (on rota system with Time Off in Lieu given) to post on social media, monitor online activity and take action as required
- Preferably lives close to Dublin/Wicklow as many of our projects are based in this region
Benefits of working for Neighbourhood Network
- 20 days of paid holiday per year
- Flexible working hours
- A supportive and friendly team
- Hybrid working environment - working from the Fumbally Stables loft in Dublin 8 once a week, or our Wicklow office in Newtownmountkennedy, Co Wicklow
- A chance to make a real difference to neighbourhoods
- Rate of Pay: €40,000 pro-rata
- Weekly hours: 20 hours per week
- Contract Length: The position is for a one-year contract, subject to funding, that includes a 6-month probationary period
Terms and conditions of employment:
- Annual Leave: Annual leave at Neighbourhood Network is 20 days in addition to the standard 10 public holidays
- TOIL: We operate a time off in lieu (TOIL) system, where staff can work pre-approved additional hours and receive compensatory time off in lieu
- Training & Development: Continuous professional development, training & further education courses, study & exam leave and professional membership fees are paid for at Neighbourhood Network’s discretion where relevant
- Travel & Subsistence: Travel and subsistence expenses will be paid similar to public sector rates
How to apply
Interested candidates may apply by sending a one-page letter outlining their suitability for this role along with their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org under the subject of “Communications”
Closing Date for applications is 5pm on Friday 17th November 2023.
Neighbourhood Network is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from people of all backgrounds and identities.