Job and Person Description- Accommodation Services Manager
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- 1. Co-ordinating delivery of safe housing and supported accommodation through:
- Linking with the Probation Service, external agencies and the local community in the Northside of Dublin and the locations of the long-term housing;
- Ensuring that referrals to PACE Accommodation Service meet all the referral criteria;
- Supervision of case work, client support and staff;
- Overseeing a risk assessment for each client and liaising with the Probation Service on shared risk assessments
- Implementing and evaluating programme policies and procedures ensuring that models of best practice are in place at all times
- Ensuring that case conferences with external agencies to address client support needs are organised by the Support team.
2. Leading and supervising a support team for the residents of Priorswood house;
- Providing individual supervision for support staff
- Meeting the team on a regular basis for case management meetings
- Liaising with the Night Support staff once a month on an individual and team basis
- Overseeing the case work and ensuring that keyworking takes place at weekly intervals
- Supporting the staff to work with the clients directly
- Developing a team training calendar in conjunction with the Quality Standards and Policy Coordinator
- Ensure Outcome stars are monitored and available for yearly report.
3. Implementing and developing programme policies, philosophies and strategies through:
- Working with the Quality Standards and Policy Coordinator to ensure that quality standards are consistently implemented and policies are reviewed.
- Planning work schedules, rotas and staff meetings
- Ensuring that the appropriate disciplinary and grievance procedures are followed.
- Organising regular meetings with residents of the service to ensure their views are paramount to our work.
4. Responsible for on-going development of the residential services through:
- Co-ordinating the delivery of services in Priorswood House
- Management of residents, programmes and personnel information
- Preparing summary reports of activities and statistics
- Providing weekly written reports to CEO
- Communication and consultation with the CEO of PACE.
- Identifying and addressing gaps in services and resources
- Liaising with the local community and maintaining positive community relations
5. Managing the long-term accommodation units through:
- Overseeing the maintenance of existing units,
- Developing proposals with regard to long-term housing solutions
- Overseeing the recruitment of support staff for new projects
- Managing additional staff for long-term housing projects/ Where relevant.
- Liaising with tenants on a tenancy sustainment programme.
- Ensure contracts are updated and Tenancies are notified to RTB.
6. Working in partnership with the Senior Management team
- Ensure that there is a consistent sharing of information between projects.
- Implement the Shared Client Protocols
- Develop new ideas and joint areas of working
- Programme development for all PACE clients
- Organisational development strategies
- Develop training and development opportunities for all PACE staff
- Ensure ongoing development and maintenance of the database and other record keeping methods
7. Management of programme activities and personnel through:
- Inducting new staff to the projects
- Regular staff meetings, ongoing supervision and evaluation
- Implementing a performance appraisal system
- Maintaining accurate personnel records
- Informing Head Office of any staff issues
- Help with recruitment of new personnel (staff, students, and volunteers).
8 Overseeing the administration of the residential services through:
- Monthly reports to the CEO for the Board of Management meetings
- Participation in PACE management meetings
- Accurate record-keeping
- Management of project finances
- Preparation and administration of budgets
- Ensuring the project and gardens are well maintained.
9. Representing the project at local level by:
- Attending the local homelessness forum
- Participating in the Local Drug Task Force meetings
- Engaging with the Northside Community Forum
- Liasing with the local Residents Association
- Attending conferences/seminars/meetings as requested
10. Any other duties as designated by the CEO
Minimum Qualifications for Accommodation Services Manager
- The successful applicant must be qualified to degree level in the social care or related field.
- A qualification in housing/ property management/ or management in homeless interventions is desirable.
- The successful applicant must have experience of working with challenging clients.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience of working in a management capacity preferably in a residential setting.
- Previous experience of working within the Homeless sector is essential.
- Knowledge of the criminal justice sector and working with people who have been to prison is desirable
- Knowledge of mental health services within the community and the points of referral is desirable
- Experience of providing one to one supervision and line management for staff
- Proven leadership skills and experience of working as part of a team are essential and must be demonstrated.
- Experience in developing links and working in partnership with other agencies is essential.
- Effective communication and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to represent PACE externally in a professional and competent manner
- Positive and empathetic attitude, strong interpersonal, communication skills, and the ability to work with initiative and independence.
- Available to work evenings and weekends where necessary to understand the work undertaken by Support Staff at these times is essential
- Willingness to be flexible and work as part of a team
- First Aid is desirable
- Computer literate.
CPD Continued Professional Development
EAP Employee Assistance Programme
Employee Health & Wellbeing Initiatives
Send your CV and Cover Letter/Personal Statement outlining your suitability for the post and return torecruitment@paceorganisationby 4pm, Friday 17th November 2023.