Why work at Barnardos?
At Barnardos we seek to ensure that we have the best people working with us to support our work with children and families. The benefits of working with Barnardos are designed to promote continual professional development and a work-life balance for the most rewarding working experience.
- Barnardos offers a competitive salary – recognising the experience you bring to the role
- Generous annual leave entitlements plus discretionary Company days
- Positive working environment with family friendly ethos and work – life balance policy
- Tax saver and bike to work schemes in operation
- Employee pension scheme with employer contribution
- Paid sick leave
- An opportunity to help improve outcomes for vulnerable children and families by working in a trauma informed way
- Access to regular trauma informed support and supervision
- Ongoing support and access to training and professional development opportunities
- An opportunity to be part of a supportive team
- Access to the Employee Assistance Program for employees and their immediate family members
- Regular Breath, Body and mind sessions to support staff well-being
What do Barnardos Early Years Early Intervention services do?
The project seeks to maximise the capacity of families to meet children’s needs by offering an Early Intervention Service with the aim of improving child development outcomes for pre-school children in the area. There is a wrap-around service of trauma-informed targeted support for individual children and bundle of integrated family support services for their families, which can include transport to and from pre-school daily. Specific attention is given to those families where child protection or welfare concerns exist, working with the most vulnerable and disadvantaged families specifically focusing on parenting skills and child/parent relationships in order to reduce the impact of adverse childhood experiences (ACEs) and subsequent difficulties for children.
Barnardos services have the goals of improving the emotional well-being of children, and improving their capacity for learning and development. Barnardos is committed to interagency working and embrace a compassionate and partnership based approach with families.
Services include: Early Years and Preschool programmes for children based on the Tús Maith curriculum and High Scope approach, parent and child work, practical family support and parenting work.
We work to provide a response which involves interagency collaboration to maximise positive outcomes for families.
What will the Programme Assistant do?
The post-holder will work in our preschool service, helping to provide a safe, child-centred environment to children attending.
This position, some of which is funded by the Access Inclusion Model (AIM) will specifically focus on supporting a child/ children and their group to engage in the daily routine and curriculum, while also focusing on and supporting the children’s emerging interests. The Programme Assistant will work closely in partnership with the wider preschool team to ensure that the preschool curriculum is implemented and appropriate individual planning & support for children is provided
Where are we based?
Slievenamon, Road, Thurles, Tipperary E41AC97.
Who do we work with?
Barnardos works in partnership with children, families, and relevant statutory & voluntary services to provide the necessary opportunities for children to reach their potential.
To provide a safe, child centred environment/experience to children in the context of the service in which you work and appropriate to the role.
- Commitment to provide a quality service to children
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Awareness of confidentiality and the ability to deal with sensitive issues, including child protection concerns
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Flexibility and adaptability are essential attributes in this role.
- Experience of working with children for a minimum of 6 months is essential.
- Relevant voluntary work may be considered.
Recognised qualification (min QQI/FETAC level 5) that is approved under the Early Years’ (Pre-school) Regulations.
Barnardos is an equal opportunity employer.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
For full job description and to apply please visit Current Job Vacancies – Barnardos
Closing date: 12 noon on 13th November 2023
Interview date: TBA
Shortlisting will apply (please note, CVs are not accepted on their own, candidates must complete and submit our application form through Barnardos website).