Irish Haemophilia Society
The Society was founded in 1968 by members of the medical profession, people with haemophilia, their families and friends who felt the need to provide support and advice for members and to improve the quality of life for people with haemophilia. The Society has grown from an informal and voluntary group of parents of people with haemophilia who wanted a better deal for their children, to a confident and professional charity with a committed board and professional staff to deal with the challenges ahead.
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Position: Permanent with probation period of 6 months
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Location: Dublin 8
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required
The successful candidate must have a minimum of two years’ experience and must be able to demonstrate:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and must have good IT skills.
- Excellent administrative skills and multitasking ability.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal.
- Self-starter: proven initiative and demonstrated the ability to develop and deliver.
- Good time management skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Have the ability to work in a team and on own initiative when necessary.
- Highly organized individual with the ability to prioritize with good attention to detail.
- General office duties and administrative tasks to include:
Reception: Welcome visitors, prepare refreshments, arrange taxis and couriers, arrange conference calls, shredding and recycling.
Phones: Answer phones and transfer to the appropriate person, and record messages.
Post: Record post in and out on a daily basis. Prepare mailshots for posting to members.
Outlook: Check the main office emails regularly.
Supplies: Maintain the stationery supply and other supplies for office.
Typing: General typing, mail merges and mailshots.
Staff Meetings: Taking minutes at monthly meetings.
Library: Maintain upkeep of library.
· Conferences & Events: Assisting with administrative tasks associated with events and conferences and children’s programmes including processing registrations and confirmation packs by post and by email to members.
· Apartment Facility: Processing bookings in relation to our apartment facility for members in Dublin 8.
· Administrative tasks: for the Chief Executive and Administrator/Office Manager.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to develop their skills and career with the organisation.
Please email a letter of application along with your C.V. to: email@example.com
Closing date for all applications is: 10th November 2023.